The Sin City, needless to say, is known for its casinos and world-class entertainment. But beyond its reputation as an adults-only playground, Las Vegas residents enjoy living in more laid-back suburban communities, dining in world-class restaurants, and spending time outdoors in beautiful parks undisturbed by the glare of neon lights.
A lot of the residents here are not native to the region and each year, newcomers are welcomed in Las Vegas neighborhoods. One of the reasons could be that Las Vegans get to experience the best of both worlds – the larger-than-life personality of the Strip and the more subdued parts of town.
If you are considering moving to this location, have a look at some of the best neighborhoods in Las Vegas, NV.
- Summerlin is ranked #1 for master planned communities in Nevada, and #4 in the United States.
- This neighborhood is known as one of the safest places to live in, as most of its residencies are in guarded and gated communities.
- Within the neighborhood are several smaller communities, and so there are many places you can choose to live.
- Summerlin is regarded as a “desert oasis” because it has over 150 miles of trails, some of which connect to the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
- Downtown Summerlin is also well-known for its concert venues, luxury brand stores and boutiques, outstanding restaurants, and one of the biggest yoga studios in the country.
Technically, Henderson is its own city on the outskirts of Las Vegas, but it is still recognized as part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area. Located on the east side of the Las Vegas valley, Henderson is one of the best neighborhoods in Las Vegas for families.
- Henderson is voted as the #1 safest place to raise a family in the state of Nevada.
- This neighborhood, with over 300,000 residents, is low in crime and poverty.
- There are more than 50 parks in the area and many gated communities, which helps keep the crime rate in Henderson low.
- The schools in this area have an excellent reputation, making Henderson an ideal place to raise children.
- Henderson is also known for its excellent economy, with most jobs offering an average annual salary of over $60,000.
- Residents enjoy having convenient access to a lot of nearby outdoor entertainment, such as waterparks, dog parks, and off-Strip casinos.
Located on the northwest end of Las Vegas between the Las Vegas Strip and Mt. Charleston, Skye Canyon is one of the best master planned communities in the city.
- Skye Canyon provides numerous community events for its residents, such as art competitions, star gazing, and 5k runs.
- Because of its location between both desert and mountain, Skye Canyon offers unmatched scenery.
- There are numerous additional amenities included within this planned community, such as pools, gyms, racquetball, basketball, and more.
- The neighborhood also boasts of beautiful parks, recreational spots, nature trails, as well as excellent schools and luxury shops, which is why this community is ideal for both families and retirees.
Located southeast of Las Vegas, Boulder City is part of Clark County and considered part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
- This city is quaint and historic, making it a popular area for Las Vegas locals who are not interested in gambling.
- Boulder City was named after the Boulder Canyon and was created for the workers during the construction of the nearby Hoover Dam.
- One of the reasons Boulder City appeals to families who are looking to settle down in the area is the fact that it is one of just two cities in the state of Nevada to prohibit gambling.
- There are plenty of recreational spots and activities to enjoy in Boulder City, including golf courses, parks, and various community activities.
- The city is home to Bootleg Canyon Park, which is known for its 36 miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Valley and Lake Mead, and some of the best mountain biking in the country.
- Another great place to visit within the Boulder City limits is Lake Mead National Recreation Area, which features trails for hiking, biking, and seeing the famous Hoover Dam.
Lake Las Vegas is a luxury master-planned and recreational community located east of the city of Las Vegas.
- Lake Las Vegas is a man-made lake community just 17 miles from the Las Vegas Strip and is surrounded by mountains and greenery.
- Residents love being able to experience the cozy, small-town feel of this master planned community, while at the same time having convenient access to all the amazing entertainment of Las Vegas.
- This neighborhood is popular for its amenities and gorgeous views.
- Inspired by European architecture, Lake Las Vegas has its own shopping center, golf courses, and villas.
- In this community, you can spend time on the water while living in the hot desert.
- There is a marina where you can rent boats, canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, and more.
- The golf course at Lake Las Vegas has been voted one of the best in the country.
- There are several walking trails at Lake Las Vegas, as well as easy access to nearby Lake Mead and Hoover Dam.
Located in southwest Las Vegas, Southern Highlands is a luxury master planned community ideal for families to settle down.
- Southern Highlands manages to evoke a small town feel, despite its close proximity to the Las Vegas Strip.
- It is regarded as one of the best and safest neighborhoods for families in the state of Nevada.
- The community features single family homes, K-12 schools, and after-care and other programs for children.
- Amenities and activities in this prestigious neighborhood include parks, trails, shopping venues, golf courses, gambling spots, and community events.
Indeed, there are several neighborhoods that are worth checking out if you are considering moving to Las Vegas, NV. If you want to explore your home options in Sin City, we’ll be more than happy to show you the residential properties that are available in this area. Feel free to contact us at 702-710-3798 or send us an email at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.